TUCS 1000 is a handheld instrument for providing detection of laser based detection of trace chemical in the fg amount or pg/cm² concentration range using deep UV fluorescence with excitation at 224.3 nm or 248.6 nm.
TUCS 1000 is designed to be employed as sensitive, in situ, autonomous, industrial or environmental monitors. The sensors developed by Photon Systems operate in the deep ultraviolet to enhance their sensitivity and specificity in identifying certain molecular structures such as organic molecules and well as other molecules that are optimally excited in the UV to emit fluorescence and Raman.
Typical applications for TUCS instruments include in situ, real time measurement and characterization:
- Homeland security detectors for biological and chemical weapons materials;
- Ultrasensitive organic surface contamination detection in high quality optical fabrication, operating room surface inspection, etc.
- Cleaning validation for ultra-sensitive reagent applications
- Water quality in waste treatment plants where the content of nitrates, nitrites, carbonates, aluminates, and other water quality contaminants need to be measured on a regular basis;
- Well water or ocean water quality: sea farming, well water testing, domestic water quality;
- Chemical and microbial detection and identification in water, air and or surfaces
- Quality measurement of synthetic chemical vapor deposited diamond and diamond like carbon films in hard disc drive, super abrasives manufacturing, and other synthetic diamond applications;
- Quality measurement of epitaxial films employed in microelectronics manufacturing; substrate surface quality.
- General measurement of targeted chemical compositions in quality control measurements in manufacturing such as adhesives, plastics, organic chemicals.
Fluorescence Limit of Detection is as low as one microorganism at a working distance of 45cm or 100 TRP molecules at a distance of 4cm.
High power deep UV laser with power supply and digital controller capable of data sampling rates to 30 Hz.
6 high gain miniature PMT detection channels used to simultaneously detect LIF and Raman emissions
Control and Software
Ethernet, IEEE485 or RF and Labview operated from PDA or other computer
Because of the shortfalls of IR and visible systems for standoff detection, shorter wavelength optical methods continue to be attractive to fill the detection CONOPS gap of sensitivity, specificity and standoff.
Photon Systems focuses on explosives detection using the combination of deep UV native fluorescence and Raman spectroscopy using deep UV sources that enable compact, low power consuming devices
Get In Touch
Keep informed about the latest deep UV developments at Photon Systems by joining our mailing list.
1512 Industrial Park St. Covina, CA 91722-3417